What are dental crowns?
A dental crown is fixed, prosthetic, cap that is positioned over a tooth to restore its appearance, strength, size and shape. Whether you are looking for dental crowns because you want a more confident, beautiful smile or you have a broken or damaged tooth, you’ve come to the right place. We are your source for dental care in Texarkana, and we are proud to provide you with the high-quality care that you deserve.
When do you need a dental crown?
Dental crowns are versatile dental treatments, and they can be used to enhance appearance and oral health in many different situations, including:
- To protect teeth that are week (including from decay)
- To hold together teeth that have been cracked
- To restore teeth that are severely worn down or broken
- To support and cover teeth that have large fillings
- To secure a dental bridge
- To cover teeth that are severely discolored
- To cover teeth that are misshapen
- To cover dental implants
- To enhance the appearance of teeth
Dental crowns can also be used to treat baby teeth for a variety of reasons, including
- To save teeth that have been so severely damaged by decay that they can no longer support fillings
- To protect the teeth of children who carry high risks for tooth decay
- To decrease the frequency at which children who are unable to take proper care of their teeth require general anesthesia
Are dental crowns the right option for you?
Dental crowns can help you find relief from dental discomfort, improve your smile and protect your teeth, and they can last for years and don’t require a lot of special care. Dental crowns are a great option for many different dental issues, as well as many different people. To find out if dental crowns are the right option for you, please schedule your appointment with our dentist in Texarkana today!